KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS RESOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR
by PGK Don Hauser
St. Augustin Parish, Des Moines, IA
For the Grand Knight: I hereby resolve
- To contact members of the Council I do not know in an effort to encourage their active participation;
- To encourage 1st Degree Knights to advance to 2nd and 3rd Degree Knighthood;
- To encourage 3rd Degree Knights to become 4th Degree Knights. and
- To strive to strengthen the Council by working to involve more Knights in Council programs and start additional programs wherever possible.
For the Grand Knight: I resolve to encourage involvement of the Council in fund raising for
- Campaign for Persons Intellectually Disadvantaged,
- Coats for Kids,
- Christian Refugees and
- other programs to help the needy in our midst.
For the Fourth Degree Knight: I resolve to be active in my Assembly.
For the First Degree Knight: I resolve to attend a Second and Third Degree Exemplification in order to advance to these higher degrees in the Order.
For the Active Knight: I resolve to remain active and to encourage my Brother Knights to be more active and involved.
For the Once Active Knight: I resolve to reactivate myself in my Council. I further resolve to volunteer to lead at least one Council project this year.
For the Inactive Knight: I resolve to attend at least two meetings of the Council this year. I also resolve to volunteer for at least one Council project.
For All Knights:
- I resolve to pay my annual dues on a timely basis;
- I resolve to consider becoming an insured member;
- I resolve to offer my assistance to one or more Council programs/activities.
- I resolve to inquire and study to more fully understand the Knights of Columbus and review Supreme, State and Council websites for reference materials to assist in this understanding.
For All Knights: I resolve to become a better Catholic and Husband and Father and believe the Knights of Columbus can help me do these things.
For All Knights: I resolve to seek ways to become involved in Pope Francis’ Year of Mercy and to renew my commitment to the Sacraments especially the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
For All Knights: I newly resolve to recite the Rosary daily and encourage members of my family to do so also.
For All Knights: I resolve to invite a member of my family or a friend to become a Knight of Columbus.